I realise that in life, the amount of effort we put in to do something does not matter. What matters most is the result. Like studies for example; Even though we put in so much effort in revising, if the end result is a fail, then we are indeed a failure. There's no consolation for effort. Sure putting in effort is a good thing, but it is to no avail if the amount of effort we put in does not tally with our results.
People are not going to vindicate someone who does not put in effort in his studies yet is still able to pass. They are going to be surprised at his results. Nowadays, people are more concerned about result. They do not care how it is done, all they care about is the quality of the work that is done.
Take the 'O' Level as another example. I admit, if my results were to be judged based on the effort I put in revising my work, I will definitely get a F9. Laziness is a habit and as the saying goes; 'Old habits die hard'. My parents say things like 'break the ice' or 'stop idle around and do something' to help me break this habit of mine. But as time goes by, I realise that laziness is not a habit. Its more like character. And instead of breaking this 'character', I decided on living with it. So everything that I plan, I made sure that no matter how lazy I am, given that moment I will be able to accomplish it.
Like revising for example; a person who is lazy will only revise about an hour each day maximum and that might be little to most people but for people like me, it is a lot of time spent on studying. So, I set a criteria for myself. If a normal person who study for 3 hours each day is able to cover up 3 topics, hence by hook or by crook, during that one hour I will cover 3 topics and understand it too. Of course I usually fail to meet my criteria, always I'm short by a chapter and a half but atleast I made progress, atleast I revised. And that is how I managed to get the result I achieved today.
Its not the amount of effort you put in, its the amount of information that you are able to absorb in that small little brain of ours that counts.
People are not going to vindicate someone who does not put in effort in his studies yet is still able to pass. They are going to be surprised at his results. Nowadays, people are more concerned about result. They do not care how it is done, all they care about is the quality of the work that is done.
Take the 'O' Level as another example. I admit, if my results were to be judged based on the effort I put in revising my work, I will definitely get a F9. Laziness is a habit and as the saying goes; 'Old habits die hard'. My parents say things like 'break the ice' or 'stop idle around and do something' to help me break this habit of mine. But as time goes by, I realise that laziness is not a habit. Its more like character. And instead of breaking this 'character', I decided on living with it. So everything that I plan, I made sure that no matter how lazy I am, given that moment I will be able to accomplish it.
Like revising for example; a person who is lazy will only revise about an hour each day maximum and that might be little to most people but for people like me, it is a lot of time spent on studying. So, I set a criteria for myself. If a normal person who study for 3 hours each day is able to cover up 3 topics, hence by hook or by crook, during that one hour I will cover 3 topics and understand it too. Of course I usually fail to meet my criteria, always I'm short by a chapter and a half but atleast I made progress, atleast I revised. And that is how I managed to get the result I achieved today.
Its not the amount of effort you put in, its the amount of information that you are able to absorb in that small little brain of ours that counts.