Somebody once said; 'Being in school, its just like having unprotected sex. You are glad that you got in, but sorry that you came'. I guess its true to most. We study very hard during our 'O' Levels, with high hopes of making it to Tertiary education. And once we are qualified, we dread coming to school. Well, for some people, that's the typical case scenario. I'm sure there are students who look forward to school everyday.
I guess the reason we dread going to school is because of the stress, sometimes its because of the conflicts among peers or maybe its because we have trouble understanding the lesson that is taught in class. Usually, when we don't understand anything, we tend to shun from it. Humans like being in control. Anything that is not within our control, we often reject it.
So, what's it like going to poly?
A new school, new type of education, new friends and zero clue of what I'm getting myself into. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised when not a single person from Siglap Sec went to Biomedical Science. I can look at it from both point of view. Either I dread going to poly because I do not know anyone from my course or I look forward in making new friends. I definitely choose the latter. Now, after 3 weeks of studying in poly, I have made quite a number of new friends while treasuring the ones that have been my friends for atleast 4 years.
Study wise, it is tough. Its quite stressful and frustrating for me when I can't absorb anything that is being taught during lectures. Hence, constant revision is needed. This alone is a major difference from Secondary School. During secondary school, I use my free time chatting at MSN or playing games. Now, my MSN status is constantly busy. I do chat, since its one of the ways for me to de-stress myself. But not as often as before. However, despite the troubles of coping with my school work, I try not to dislike going to school. Poly is still fun, despite the stressful schoolwork. Like someone once told me, nothing is easy in life. If you want something, you have to work for it.
So next week is quiz week. There will be pop quiz for most of the subjects. My major worry is Maths. Since I do not have any 'A' Maths foundation during secondary school, I am lagging behind a lot. Therefore, I guess 1/2 of the weekend will be dedicated for maths. Understanding logarithmitic and exponent, more practice is needed. Other subject, so far its ok. Its not easy, its quite hard but I can cope with it.
I guess the reason we dread going to school is because of the stress, sometimes its because of the conflicts among peers or maybe its because we have trouble understanding the lesson that is taught in class. Usually, when we don't understand anything, we tend to shun from it. Humans like being in control. Anything that is not within our control, we often reject it.
So, what's it like going to poly?
A new school, new type of education, new friends and zero clue of what I'm getting myself into. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised when not a single person from Siglap Sec went to Biomedical Science. I can look at it from both point of view. Either I dread going to poly because I do not know anyone from my course or I look forward in making new friends. I definitely choose the latter. Now, after 3 weeks of studying in poly, I have made quite a number of new friends while treasuring the ones that have been my friends for atleast 4 years.
Study wise, it is tough. Its quite stressful and frustrating for me when I can't absorb anything that is being taught during lectures. Hence, constant revision is needed. This alone is a major difference from Secondary School. During secondary school, I use my free time chatting at MSN or playing games. Now, my MSN status is constantly busy. I do chat, since its one of the ways for me to de-stress myself. But not as often as before. However, despite the troubles of coping with my school work, I try not to dislike going to school. Poly is still fun, despite the stressful schoolwork. Like someone once told me, nothing is easy in life. If you want something, you have to work for it.
So next week is quiz week. There will be pop quiz for most of the subjects. My major worry is Maths. Since I do not have any 'A' Maths foundation during secondary school, I am lagging behind a lot. Therefore, I guess 1/2 of the weekend will be dedicated for maths. Understanding logarithmitic and exponent, more practice is needed. Other subject, so far its ok. Its not easy, its quite hard but I can cope with it.