Different
Everytime I log into blogger.com, I always think how to make my entries different from the rest. At first it was easy, everything I did was new and different because I just started blogging. But as time goes by and my entries accumulated, it starts to get more difficult. Not only must my entries be different, the way I post it must also varies. I mean it will get boring if a blogger post an entry that is similar to the ones before.
Take Nadiah for example, her blog is now so synchronise till I can predict what she will write for her next post. There will be bound to be ITALICS, which is meant for Yan. Her entries will contain her feelings, more particularly about her cravings for food. Then she might say how poor she is and she need money to buy a few things such as Emily wallets or anything that is related to do with 'Nightmare before Christmas', well I think that is how it is spelt. I'm not a big fan of brands. Then she will write about her daily happenings, what time she wakes up, how much of the time spent during the day did she miss Yan.
Her blog does have some varieties, but in my opinion, it is still predictable. Something that is predictable, will never capture the attention of others or make them feel engaged to the blog and they will keep on visiting the blog hoping for new entries everytime.
So the question still lingers on, how can I make my blog different? The entries play a huge part, the words used must entice readers and the topic must not be too dull.
Someone said, "why not post about recent events?"
I think I might.
To post about daily events, it is actually quite boring. It is true in general, Singapore Life is boring. We wake up in the morning, prepare ourselves to go to school/work. We finish work/school by 6pm if we include the CCA hours, reach home and have dinner. Then we spent some quality time with our family and wrap it all up with a goodnight sleep. The only change of events would be during the weekends, but that too is limited.
Singapore is so small, the choices of entertainment is pretty much limited. Which is why many teenagers can be seen congregrating in one spot, let's say the Esplanade. Most people will look at it and say that the Esplanade is a good choice to hang out because of the gigs, concerts and events taking place every week. I can't say that its not true, because it is.
But look at this way, is it popular because it is really entertaining or is it because Singapore does not have anymore venues for entertainment? Usually an outing would be to town, have a picnic at the beach or watch movie. We don't have waterfalls where we can swim or feel the waters hit the back of our body after falling from 30 metres.
Everytime I sit down at Starbucks, I always see vehicles zooming past by. Singaporeans are always on the move. We are always rushing into things and never take a step back and watch. And there is nothing that we can do about it, our lifestyle is too hectic for us to just stop what we are doing and do nothing. We always try to speed things up, trying to dothe most amount of work for the least amount of time. But the difference in time is just a few minutes of work.
Anyways, enough of being different or mentioning about our hectic lifestyle. This coming week is going to be a long week. As per normal, I will be having classes everyday and an addition to that, Parry Primary will be having their camp on Friday-Sunday. Yeah, working on a Sunday. It sucks but when duty calls, it calls.
Take Nadiah for example, her blog is now so synchronise till I can predict what she will write for her next post. There will be bound to be ITALICS, which is meant for Yan. Her entries will contain her feelings, more particularly about her cravings for food. Then she might say how poor she is and she need money to buy a few things such as Emily wallets or anything that is related to do with 'Nightmare before Christmas', well I think that is how it is spelt. I'm not a big fan of brands. Then she will write about her daily happenings, what time she wakes up, how much of the time spent during the day did she miss Yan.
Her blog does have some varieties, but in my opinion, it is still predictable. Something that is predictable, will never capture the attention of others or make them feel engaged to the blog and they will keep on visiting the blog hoping for new entries everytime.
So the question still lingers on, how can I make my blog different? The entries play a huge part, the words used must entice readers and the topic must not be too dull.
Someone said, "why not post about recent events?"
I think I might.
To post about daily events, it is actually quite boring. It is true in general, Singapore Life is boring. We wake up in the morning, prepare ourselves to go to school/work. We finish work/school by 6pm if we include the CCA hours, reach home and have dinner. Then we spent some quality time with our family and wrap it all up with a goodnight sleep. The only change of events would be during the weekends, but that too is limited.
Singapore is so small, the choices of entertainment is pretty much limited. Which is why many teenagers can be seen congregrating in one spot, let's say the Esplanade. Most people will look at it and say that the Esplanade is a good choice to hang out because of the gigs, concerts and events taking place every week. I can't say that its not true, because it is.
But look at this way, is it popular because it is really entertaining or is it because Singapore does not have anymore venues for entertainment? Usually an outing would be to town, have a picnic at the beach or watch movie. We don't have waterfalls where we can swim or feel the waters hit the back of our body after falling from 30 metres.
Everytime I sit down at Starbucks, I always see vehicles zooming past by. Singaporeans are always on the move. We are always rushing into things and never take a step back and watch. And there is nothing that we can do about it, our lifestyle is too hectic for us to just stop what we are doing and do nothing. We always try to speed things up, trying to dothe most amount of work for the least amount of time. But the difference in time is just a few minutes of work.
Anyways, enough of being different or mentioning about our hectic lifestyle. This coming week is going to be a long week. As per normal, I will be having classes everyday and an addition to that, Parry Primary will be having their camp on Friday-Sunday. Yeah, working on a Sunday. It sucks but when duty calls, it calls.