Confused emotions
What can't be defined.
Overwritten, drawn out, underlined
A shadow of a misplaced faith
All your considerance replaced
By a shrug, a sigh, the first of many lies
Tell me tales of another life
One that won't disconcert me
Interfere, corrupt, or hurt me
Placate your own animosity
Forgo your ego, your curiosity
Just lay awhile
Instead of Betray and beguile
Me, I can't comprehend
What there is to stand for.
What there is to live for
I don't care if most of you don't understand it at first glance. Just think about it for a moment and you might be able to understand the meaning of the words within
Overwritten, drawn out, underlined
A shadow of a misplaced faith
All your considerance replaced
By a shrug, a sigh, the first of many lies
Tell me tales of another life
One that won't disconcert me
Interfere, corrupt, or hurt me
Placate your own animosity
Forgo your ego, your curiosity
Just lay awhile
Instead of Betray and beguile
Me, I can't comprehend
What there is to stand for.
What there is to live for
I don't care if most of you don't understand it at first glance. Just think about it for a moment and you might be able to understand the meaning of the words within