you speak of love but you know nothing about it
The proposed outing to Changi was cancelled, reason being its 'awal muharram'. In other words, it marks the New Year of the muslim calender. Similar to chinese Lunar New Year. Hence, as a sign of respect, we decided to not go out. Hasanna proposed an outing to Pulau Ubin this Sunday. I'm not sure whether her plan will be realised or not because Ubin is such a hassle to go to in the first place. Okay maybe not that much of a hassle but a boat trip is required and if the girls usually cringed about going to nearby places such as Compass Point, I can't imagine them going to Pulau Ubin. But anyways, that's the plan thus far. On saturday, there's the Ngee Ann polytechnic open house. After that, we probably might be playing pool or just hang out.
Today is work as per normal. SYF is coming soon, about 2 months away. My 'O' Level results on the other hand is about 2 weeks away if the rumours are true.
The past few days, my mind was filled with my friend's remark. Not that the remark was meant or targeted at me, it just got me thinking.
'You speak of love, but you know nothing about it'. Well, my friend probably deserved it. Although it is not related to me, it kinds of reminds me of myself. Yeah sure I can talk about love, look at things from a different point of view which people sometimes can't look from.
But to know love, one must experience it. Love cannot be understood simply by reading a book or watching other people pursuing or strengthen their relationships. It has to be felt, and to feel it is to experience it. The same can be said about me.
I have been single for about 4 years and I am enjoying life. Sometimes, I do feel lonely but then the feeling just fades away when I am in the company of my friends. Yet, being single I was able to write or talk about love as if I have experience it. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I know nothing of love simply because I have yet to experience it. Infatuations do not hold a candle to love.
Hence the truth is, I do not know anything about love. I just give my opinion about people's problems from my point of view or I would tend to make the person realise what is the right thing to do. In other words, browbeat them in making the right decision although it might sound or look wrong.
Today is work as per normal. SYF is coming soon, about 2 months away. My 'O' Level results on the other hand is about 2 weeks away if the rumours are true.
The past few days, my mind was filled with my friend's remark. Not that the remark was meant or targeted at me, it just got me thinking.
'You speak of love, but you know nothing about it'. Well, my friend probably deserved it. Although it is not related to me, it kinds of reminds me of myself. Yeah sure I can talk about love, look at things from a different point of view which people sometimes can't look from.
But to know love, one must experience it. Love cannot be understood simply by reading a book or watching other people pursuing or strengthen their relationships. It has to be felt, and to feel it is to experience it. The same can be said about me.
I have been single for about 4 years and I am enjoying life. Sometimes, I do feel lonely but then the feeling just fades away when I am in the company of my friends. Yet, being single I was able to write or talk about love as if I have experience it. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I know nothing of love simply because I have yet to experience it. Infatuations do not hold a candle to love.
Hence the truth is, I do not know anything about love. I just give my opinion about people's problems from my point of view or I would tend to make the person realise what is the right thing to do. In other words, browbeat them in making the right decision although it might sound or look wrong.