Freudian Theory
According to Freud, and I'm paraphrasing, instinct of love toward an object demands a mastery to obtain it, and if a person feels they can't control the object or feel threatened by it, they act negatively toward it. Like an eighth-grade boy punching a girl.
Hence, If I treat you like garbage, so I must really like you. Given the Freudian theory, what does it mean if I start being nice to you?
It means that I'm getting in touch with my feelings. Therefore, there's absolutely nothing I can do to make you think that I don't like you.
Hence, If I treat you like garbage, so I must really like you. Given the Freudian theory, what does it mean if I start being nice to you?
It means that I'm getting in touch with my feelings. Therefore, there's absolutely nothing I can do to make you think that I don't like you.