drench and wet
I woke up this morning, seeing the sun shine for the first time in days. I thought that its going to be a sunny day, which is in contrast to the other cold rainy days which has gone by recently. However, that thought was dashed as the first sign of rain started to form at around 11.30am. Dark clouds were looming by, indicating that it might rain soon. And rain it did, heavy rain I might add.
Today I went to Parry Primary to teach Kulintang. Mr Khamis called me at 12.30pm, saying that it is raining heavily at his house. He said that he will be late or might not come at all today because he has trouble walking in the rain. His leg has not fully recovered from the stroke incident 2 years ago. By the time I went out, it was raining.
He told me to focus on the kulintang and the angklung will not be around today. But to my surprise, both kulintang and angklung were present. Thus, I had to divide the task. I teach the kulintang their parts for the song Gambang Suling whereas the Angklung, which I had trained them on saturday, was trained by Danial. I told him to practice the song gambang suling with the kids. At the end of the day, We tried a combined practice with both kulintang and angklung. Glad to say, it went well.
After practice, it was still raining. Lucky me I brought my umbrella. So Danial and I walked to Kovan Station, while walking the rain pour much more heavily. By the time we reached the station, my shoes were partially wet and I can feel squirts of water while walking. Furthurmore, my jeans was wet.
Before I went home, I went to eat at Banquet with Danial. I reached home at around 5.30pm, took a short nap and woke up at 6.30pm to watch The Nanny. Frankly, I really thought that there will be school tomorrow. It didn't occur to me that tomorrow will be Hari Raya Haji. I was so ready to SMS Mr Khamis, asking him about tomorrow's practice when my brother told me that he is not schooling tomorrow thus he is in no rush to do his homework. Lucky me my brother saved me, I can't imagine the ridicule I will experience if I were to call him.
Today I went to Parry Primary to teach Kulintang. Mr Khamis called me at 12.30pm, saying that it is raining heavily at his house. He said that he will be late or might not come at all today because he has trouble walking in the rain. His leg has not fully recovered from the stroke incident 2 years ago. By the time I went out, it was raining.
He told me to focus on the kulintang and the angklung will not be around today. But to my surprise, both kulintang and angklung were present. Thus, I had to divide the task. I teach the kulintang their parts for the song Gambang Suling whereas the Angklung, which I had trained them on saturday, was trained by Danial. I told him to practice the song gambang suling with the kids. At the end of the day, We tried a combined practice with both kulintang and angklung. Glad to say, it went well.
After practice, it was still raining. Lucky me I brought my umbrella. So Danial and I walked to Kovan Station, while walking the rain pour much more heavily. By the time we reached the station, my shoes were partially wet and I can feel squirts of water while walking. Furthurmore, my jeans was wet.
Before I went home, I went to eat at Banquet with Danial. I reached home at around 5.30pm, took a short nap and woke up at 6.30pm to watch The Nanny. Frankly, I really thought that there will be school tomorrow. It didn't occur to me that tomorrow will be Hari Raya Haji. I was so ready to SMS Mr Khamis, asking him about tomorrow's practice when my brother told me that he is not schooling tomorrow thus he is in no rush to do his homework. Lucky me my brother saved me, I can't imagine the ridicule I will experience if I were to call him.