Cycling Outing
Instead of spending countless hours sitting around at home doing nothing, I decided to cycle to Pasir Ris Park and then hopefully try to find a way back to Seng Kang without using the expressway or the Old Tampines Road.
I started cycling around 2pm, going to Pasir Ris via Old Tampines Road. From my home to Old Tampines Road is quite a distance, I had to pass through Hougang and then cycle around the Paya Lebar Airport Runway. Not to mention the huge lorries driving at that area makes the ride a bit dangerous. I constantly had to stop at the shoulder of the road to allow the lorries and buses to pass by since it was only a two lane road.
I reach Pasir Ris about 45 minutes later and proceeded to Pasir Ris Park. Upon reaching there, the weather was windy and the clouds were showing signs of rain. I sat at one of the rocks near the shore and enjoy the wind.
An hour later, slight drizzle started to pour down. Finally, I decided to make my way home before it rains heavily. On the way, the drizzle stopped. Hence, I decided to find an alternate route to go back home. However, every route I tried, it leads to a big drain. I tried going pass the fish farm, the aeroponics farm and even the animal farm.
I began to tire thus I made up my mind to use the route I had taken earlier knowing full well that it is just a fruitless attempt. Furthurmore, dark clouds began to form. Due to that, I rushed my way home. Now, I didn't bother to stop if a large vehicle was passing by. Fortunately, I reach home safely. A few minutes later, rain started to pour heavily.
That's how my day has been today. Although I went cycling alone, atleast it beats staying at home feeling totally bored. Tomorrow there's soccer training. I did not go last week because of the Sentosa Outing, therefore I must attend tomorrow's practice.
I started cycling around 2pm, going to Pasir Ris via Old Tampines Road. From my home to Old Tampines Road is quite a distance, I had to pass through Hougang and then cycle around the Paya Lebar Airport Runway. Not to mention the huge lorries driving at that area makes the ride a bit dangerous. I constantly had to stop at the shoulder of the road to allow the lorries and buses to pass by since it was only a two lane road.
I reach Pasir Ris about 45 minutes later and proceeded to Pasir Ris Park. Upon reaching there, the weather was windy and the clouds were showing signs of rain. I sat at one of the rocks near the shore and enjoy the wind.
An hour later, slight drizzle started to pour down. Finally, I decided to make my way home before it rains heavily. On the way, the drizzle stopped. Hence, I decided to find an alternate route to go back home. However, every route I tried, it leads to a big drain. I tried going pass the fish farm, the aeroponics farm and even the animal farm.
I began to tire thus I made up my mind to use the route I had taken earlier knowing full well that it is just a fruitless attempt. Furthurmore, dark clouds began to form. Due to that, I rushed my way home. Now, I didn't bother to stop if a large vehicle was passing by. Fortunately, I reach home safely. A few minutes later, rain started to pour heavily.
That's how my day has been today. Although I went cycling alone, atleast it beats staying at home feeling totally bored. Tomorrow there's soccer training. I did not go last week because of the Sentosa Outing, therefore I must attend tomorrow's practice.