Birthday delight for Sis
Sometime during this day, some 17 years ago...
A girl was born into this world, and she became the addition of a family of 3. The second child of the family and as future will tell, turns out to be the only girl in the family.
Today we celebrate my sister's birthday. She isn't at home yet from work but my grandma has cooked her favourite dishes. My dad has bought Indian Rojak from Tampines S-11. As I write today's entry, my stomach is grumbling. Truth be told, I am a bit hungry from all the waiting. But since the birthday girl hasn't arrived yet, we can't start dinner without her.
The whole day I am with my brother. My parents and sis were off to work, my grandma went for her religious class. So it was just me and my brother for the whole day. My brother spent his entire time playing game whereas I split my time using the computer or watching television.
I have to admit, I am becoming more lazy as the days goes by. Work don't start till January thus I have been spending my time aimlessly. But atleast its better than being cooped in my room revising my school work. When my teacher said during the beginning of the year that after the 'O' Levels, we will be able to enjoy ourselves, she is damn right. I can enjoy myself so much till I can get bored because of it.
Anyways, tomorrow's plan is simple, spending time playing soccer with my friends. Well in this case, my Gamelan friends. I'll be having a street soccer match tomorrow at Tampines. On Sunday, it will be field soccer as usual. However, after training I must rush over to my cousin's house. My cousin has a newborn baby boy, the third in the family. Strangely enough, all of their children are boys. Plus, they are really naughty. Two is already hard for them to handle, now they must handle 3!
As the saying goes; One is fine, two is alright, three is a crowd.
The purpose of going there is because they will be having a ceremony which malays call it 'Cukur Rambut'. In English terms, it means 'shaving the hair'. In other words, we celebrate the first time the baby has his hair cut.
I guess this is it for now. My sister is going to be home soon, I hope.
A girl was born into this world, and she became the addition of a family of 3. The second child of the family and as future will tell, turns out to be the only girl in the family.
Today we celebrate my sister's birthday. She isn't at home yet from work but my grandma has cooked her favourite dishes. My dad has bought Indian Rojak from Tampines S-11. As I write today's entry, my stomach is grumbling. Truth be told, I am a bit hungry from all the waiting. But since the birthday girl hasn't arrived yet, we can't start dinner without her.
The whole day I am with my brother. My parents and sis were off to work, my grandma went for her religious class. So it was just me and my brother for the whole day. My brother spent his entire time playing game whereas I split my time using the computer or watching television.
I have to admit, I am becoming more lazy as the days goes by. Work don't start till January thus I have been spending my time aimlessly. But atleast its better than being cooped in my room revising my school work. When my teacher said during the beginning of the year that after the 'O' Levels, we will be able to enjoy ourselves, she is damn right. I can enjoy myself so much till I can get bored because of it.
Anyways, tomorrow's plan is simple, spending time playing soccer with my friends. Well in this case, my Gamelan friends. I'll be having a street soccer match tomorrow at Tampines. On Sunday, it will be field soccer as usual. However, after training I must rush over to my cousin's house. My cousin has a newborn baby boy, the third in the family. Strangely enough, all of their children are boys. Plus, they are really naughty. Two is already hard for them to handle, now they must handle 3!
As the saying goes; One is fine, two is alright, three is a crowd.
The purpose of going there is because they will be having a ceremony which malays call it 'Cukur Rambut'. In English terms, it means 'shaving the hair'. In other words, we celebrate the first time the baby has his hair cut.
I guess this is it for now. My sister is going to be home soon, I hope.