Problems
Prelims are nearing and most of my friends are either having a mental, emotional or nervous breakdown. Probably they are too stressed out and the pressure of being expected to do well is getting into them. Some of them are relieving the stress by playing while most are just dealing it the wrong way.
Nadiah as usual is always the first person to show signs of stress. I wonder how she is dealing it. I told her, be like me but do not do what i do. I hope she gets the hint since she has always been really slow in understanding words.
Ifah also is under alot of stress, although she is not taking her 'O' levels this year. She took it last year and is now a student at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts. I guess her project work is too overwhelming. Well, that's expected. I hope she can hang on and complete her project before the dateline. I wouldn't mind about the quality of her work since i know that she can draw very well. Just now while chatting with her, i'm quite impressed by her new resolution in life. Well, in her case, its for coping with all her schoolwork. Wish her best of luck!
As for me, well i ain't running from stress. As Ms Yong will likely say, "Don't be an escapist". I am stressed out right now although i just don't show it. I tend to have a different way of coping with it that's all. However, some teachers will mistook it for complacency or just plain lazy. I am lazy, i can't argue about that but i'm never complacent. I may look like i don't care a damn but i really do care. I may look like i'm overconfident, but deep inside, my mind is being swarmed with uncertainties.
Which is why i prefer to take it slow and steady. Don't get too stressed out till i do not have any appetite to eat. Already i am thin, if i do not eat, i will look like one of those severely deprived teenagers till all that's left of me is just skin and bones. I learn that its no use getting too hyped out or panic out of nothing. It's true most of us tend to exaggerate about our problems. We might say that our problem is stressful and due to that, life just sucks. Or we can always blame others for giving us problems. Either way, the problem is never going to be solved.
My way is simple. Any problem we face, it will work out somehow. If there is a problem, there is bound to be a solution. If ever there is a problem with no solution, then it is not a problem. It is just a block in life when no matter what we do, there is absolutely no way of avoiding it. And in my opinion, there is only one kind of problem that falls under that category. That is 'Death'.
So keep your head up my friends. Always look on the brightside no matter how bleak or dark your problem is. There is bound to be a solution. It just depend on how fast you can find it. Always remember, no matter how difficult or emotional the problem is, it will work out somehow.
Nadiah as usual is always the first person to show signs of stress. I wonder how she is dealing it. I told her, be like me but do not do what i do. I hope she gets the hint since she has always been really slow in understanding words.
Ifah also is under alot of stress, although she is not taking her 'O' levels this year. She took it last year and is now a student at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts. I guess her project work is too overwhelming. Well, that's expected. I hope she can hang on and complete her project before the dateline. I wouldn't mind about the quality of her work since i know that she can draw very well. Just now while chatting with her, i'm quite impressed by her new resolution in life. Well, in her case, its for coping with all her schoolwork. Wish her best of luck!
As for me, well i ain't running from stress. As Ms Yong will likely say, "Don't be an escapist". I am stressed out right now although i just don't show it. I tend to have a different way of coping with it that's all. However, some teachers will mistook it for complacency or just plain lazy. I am lazy, i can't argue about that but i'm never complacent. I may look like i don't care a damn but i really do care. I may look like i'm overconfident, but deep inside, my mind is being swarmed with uncertainties.
Which is why i prefer to take it slow and steady. Don't get too stressed out till i do not have any appetite to eat. Already i am thin, if i do not eat, i will look like one of those severely deprived teenagers till all that's left of me is just skin and bones. I learn that its no use getting too hyped out or panic out of nothing. It's true most of us tend to exaggerate about our problems. We might say that our problem is stressful and due to that, life just sucks. Or we can always blame others for giving us problems. Either way, the problem is never going to be solved.
My way is simple. Any problem we face, it will work out somehow. If there is a problem, there is bound to be a solution. If ever there is a problem with no solution, then it is not a problem. It is just a block in life when no matter what we do, there is absolutely no way of avoiding it. And in my opinion, there is only one kind of problem that falls under that category. That is 'Death'.
So keep your head up my friends. Always look on the brightside no matter how bleak or dark your problem is. There is bound to be a solution. It just depend on how fast you can find it. Always remember, no matter how difficult or emotional the problem is, it will work out somehow.